The first school was at a cottage in the Rectory grounds around 1830. The school master was The Rector, the Rev. Richard Thomas and there were 85 scholars. There were 7 subjects taught:
- Holy Scriptures
- The Church Catechism
The fee was 1d and 2d per week.
In 1857 the National School was built. In 1870, after the Education Act, the Headmaster’s house was enlarged and an Infant’s school was built. In the 1960s the building was altered greatly and in January 1966 the new building as it is now was opened. The school is now a Voluntary School of the Church in Wales