This section of the site is devoted to images of Llanfairfechan, both past and present. We hope that the pictures here will evoke some fond memories of the town.
The images are organised into the following sections:
- Beach & Promenade: A look back at the town’s beach & Promenade area at many times in the past.
- Blue Joker: A collection of images documenting the RAF’s Blue Joker radar installation at Drum in the 1950s.
- Hinchliff Family Photos: An evocative collection of photos, kindly provided by Andrew Hinchliff, of his family from years gone by.
- Summer Holiday, 1915: A collection of photos found in a photo album in a Leeds junk shop, showing an unknown family on holiday in Llanfairfechan, during the summer of 1915.
- War Memorial: Pictures the town’s war memorial honouring the fallen of the two world wars, and the Falklands conflict. Also shows old photographs of some of those honoured on the memorial.
(These galleries formed part of the previous Llanfairfechan Community Web Portal site, but were lost due to a technical problem. There are many more photos to restore to the site, and these will be added as soon as possible, along with descriptive details where we have them. Please check back for additions.)