The Llanfairfechan Tourism and Amenities Association (TAA) is a voluntary organisation, whose Members are dedicated to Llanfairfechan’s promotion and development, for the benefit of both visitors and residents.
Our activities are many and various. In particular, we act as a pressure group and liaison body, and have been involved in such diverse areas as:
- The organisation of summer events
- Creation of a new woodland
- Installation of Llanfairfechan information board & signage
- Renovation of Nant-y-Coed nature reserve
- Installation of floral hanging baskets in the town during summer months
- Obtaining rural grants, for application in such projects as re-establishing local footpaths & signage, and the widening of the slipway at the promenade
- Sale of Llanfairfechan souvenirs and promotional materials
- The production and distribution of Llanfairfechan promotional literature.
Joining The TAA
The TAA is always pleased to welcome new members. Not all of the Members are directly involved in tourism, or the town’s businesses; many are people who are simply dedicated to making Llanfairfechan a better place to live, work and visit. Our meetings are not too frequent, and thecommittee’s work is not too onerous. We’d be delighted if you’d join us, and add your voice to our discussions.
If you are interested in joining, please send us your details using the form below, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
Thank you. We look forward to your participation.
Chairman: Jane Mills (01248) 680647
Treasurer: Andrew Hinchliff (01248) 681274
Secretary: Carol Gell (Retiring from post)
Publications Officer: Graham Kidd (01248) 681419
Llanfairfechan TAA Constitution
1. The name of the organisation shall be: ‘LLANFAIRFECHAN TOURISM AND AMENITIES ASSOCIATION’.
2. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES.
TO PROMOTE AND PUBLICISE :-
a. The amenities and attractions of the town to all visitors, and encourage the development of tourist and community facilities.
b. The facilities and amenities of the local area.
c. The community organisations and their events.
d. Safeguards of the environment by representation at decision making meetings at any level.
e. Information and guides of the area produced by ourselves and other organisations.
Any person or organisation that has taken a recent and constructive interest in the work of the Committee can be elected to membership of the Committee.
4. ELECTION OF OFFICERS.
The Committee shall elect Officers for the posts of :- Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Publications Co-Ordinator. The management committee to consist of a maximum of 14 members, 5 for a quorum.
The association shall be responsible for generating and managing its own funds.
The Treasurer to submit accounts for annual audit one month before the A.G.M., and supply a statement, if and, when requested.
6. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
The A.G.M. will be held in the month of April, to:
- Review the year, proposals for future, and financial statement.
- Submit annual report to Town Council.
- Elect Officers to the Committee.
Suggestions for alterations in the Constitution to be made at the A.G.M., giving 21 days notice in writing, to the Secretary.